SGA DEI Passport Event Guidelines
General Event Guidelines
- Register all programming events of Organizations and Departments through MySource.
- Complete the secondary SGA DEI Passport Event Registration form linked in the MySource event submission process.
- Events on the SGA DEI Passport can only count for one point value or category.
- Choose the one that best represents the event.
- All events should be accessible to every UA student.
- Events should be held at neutral venues.
- Allowed: Student Center, Lecture Halls, etc.
- Not Allowed: Greek Houses, Off-Campus Locations
Social Enrichment – 1 Point (exposed to difference): Provides engagement opportunities for interaction around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 1 point
- Focus of peer-to-peer relation building
- Drop in events allowed.
- Tide and Turf (a football tailgate experience in partnership with the UA Black Alumni Association and the LGBTQ Alumni Association)
- Multi-Cultural Coffee Hour (a weekly gathering of people from different cultures and countries in the IDC in conjunction with International Student and Scholar Services)
Cultural Exploration – 2 Points (connecting with difference): Exposure that increases engagement, understanding, and interpretations of various cultures.
- 2 Points
- 15-30 min time requirement
- Hybrid between Social Enrichment and Educational engagement
- Interactive programming with an educational lens
- Native American Heritage Month Cooking Demonstration
- Safe Zone Pride Film Series Showings
Educational Engagement – 3 Points (learning about difference): Offers connections between civic and social justice topics.
- 3 Points
- 30 minute minimum
- Educational Focus: Lecture, Workshop, Speaker, etc.
- Food for Thought: Cultural Learning, Sharing & Teaching
- Keynote addresses and panels with DEI leaders
Questions? Email email@example.com.