All students interested in running for 2019 Homecoming Queen must complete a Statement of Candidacy by Wednesday, October 9 at 5 p.m.
Online Statement of Candidacy
Candidates must complete a Statement of Candidacy; which requires:
- Academic Information as of Fall 2019
- Candidacy requires at least 48 credits (24 of which must be from UA) and a 2.5 GPA
- Sponsoring Student Organization
- Sponsoring organization must be currently registered with The SOURCE
- Statement of Intent
- A brief statement regarding your intent in running for Homecoming Queen. This statement might also be called a platform statement – describing your motivation for seeking this position. The statement of intent should be at least 50 but no more than 200 words.
- Philanthropic Summary: A brief description of the philanthropic organization you are choosing to support and why. No more than 200 words
- Philanthropic Letter of Support: a letter of support from the philanthropic organization you are supporting. Can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Top Five List of Honors and Activities
You must pay a registration fee of $75 to the Office of Student Involvement.
Make check payable to The University of Alabama and put the candidate name in the memo field. Drop off the payment to The Ferguson Student Center room 3610.
Attend the mandatory meeting on Monday, October 14 in Gordon Palmer 208.